Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken
Updated: Nov 22, 2020
This meal is easy, has only 3 ingredients, and requires minimal effort.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 30 mins
· 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken from the freezer section
· 1 bag of broccoli florets or a few heads of broccoli cut into florets
· 1 bag of carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Meanwhile, put the entire bag of carrots into the basket of a steamer. Set the steamer basket over simmering water. The carrots take the longest out of everything so they will cook the whole time.
2. When the oven is preheated, put the chicken in the oven and bake for 20 mins.
3. With 10 minutes of cooking time left for the chicken, add the broccoli on top of the carrots that are already steaming.
Alternate option: If you do not have a steamer, you can toss the carrots in a little bit of olive oil and put them in the 425° oven. They can cook in the same oven as the chicken. Likewise for the broccoli.
4. To finish the dish, when everything is done cooking, put chicken, carrots & broccoli in a large bowl. Using the hot water from the steamer, put the sauce packet in for 2 minutes to warm-up the orange sauce. Pour sauce over chicken & veggies mixture and stir to combine.
Can serve over rice or as a stand alone dish.