Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
This is a serious crowd pleasure and requires minimum effort!
Servings: 6 Prep Time: 30 minutes
· 1 pound lean ground beef
· 1 small yellow onion diced
· 1 small green bell pepper diced
· 8 ounces portabella or white mushrooms
· 2 tablespoons ketchup
· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
· 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
· 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
· 1 tablespoon cornstarch
· 1 cup beef broth
· 6-8 slices of Provolone Cheese Slices
· 6 brioche hamburger buns
1. Add the ground beef, mushrooms, green pepper and onion to a large cast iron skillet or regular skillet. Allow beef and veggies to cook over medium heat stirring occasionally and breaking up the mushrooms with a wooden spatula. Salt & pepper the meat while it’s cooking.
2. When beef is cooked through and veggies are tender, drain off grease and return mixture back to the pan.
3. In a small cup, mix the beef broth, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and cornstarch together. Add to the pan and allow to cook and thicken for 5-7 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Turn off the heat, place the provolone cheese slices all over the mixture and allow provolone to melt.
5. Served on toasted brioche buns.
Speed it up!
Dice green pepper and onions the night before and store in separate airtight containers in the fridge. When it's time to cook, you simply have to throw everything in the pan, stirring occasionally which gives you leave to make sure your kids aren't burning the house down and unload the dishwasher at the same time....oh wait, maybe that's just my house.