Fresh Tomato Salsa
We made salsa! today in Spanish class. There's nothing better than fresh, homemade salsa, and the food processor cuts the work in half. The kids loved it! Wish I had a picture of them enjoy it.
· 4 cans of roasted diced tomatoes
- Can sub 6-8 medium fresh tomatoes
· 2 red onions
· 3-5 jalapeño chili pepper (stems, ribs, seeds removed)
· 3 limes, juiced
· 1 bunch cilantro
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 4 garlic cloves
· Optional: oregano and or cumin to taste
1. In the bowl of a food processor, roughly chop and add the onions, jalopeño, lime juice, cilantro and garlic cloves.
2. Pulse a few times to create a finer dice.
3. Add the cans of tomatoes (juice and all), pulse a few times until the salsa is combined.
4. Allow to sit overnight if possible, but still delicious if you enjoy immediately :)
So much salsa!
Here's some other ideas for using your salsa.
This salsa is the perfect base in these Chicken Burritos
Some avocados and a few scoops of salsa are all you need in Lazy Guacamole.