Huli Chicken on the Grill
Feeds a crowd, easy to put together, and most importantly....everyone, I mean EVERYONE who has this chicken absolutely loves it. There is not a summer that goes by that someone doesn't ask for this recipe. So here it is!
Servings: 24 Prep Time: 7 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
· ¾ cup soy sauce (low sodium preferred)
· ¾ cup ketchup
· 1/3 cup cooking sherry or chicken broth
· 1 cup brown sugar
· 1 heaping teaspoon of mined garlic from the jar or 2 garlic cloves minced
· ¼ tsp ground ginger
· 24 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1. Using a large mason jar, combine the first 6 ingredients and shake vigorously to combine.
2. In a large gallon sized Ziploc bag (or 2 if making all 24 chicken thighs), place the chicken thighs, pour in the marinade and gently massage chicken to work marinade into the chicken. If using 2 large Ziploc bags, evenly distribute the marinade between the 2 bags.
Allow the chicken marinade at least 8 hours but overnight is preferred.
Time to grill…..
3. Grill chicken over medium heat, covered, for 6-8 minutes aside or until chicken is cooked through and reads 170° on a meat thermometer.
Huli Chicken is the perfect dish for a party or small get togethers. Every summer, this is the star of the show at Memorial Day, 4th of July & Labor day parties (not joking, I usually make it for all 3). I also send this to deer camp with my husband in the fall. As predicted, I love it because it requires so little of my time and it is absolutely the most delicious chicken I've ever had.
I always serve it with Beth's Hashbrown Casserole and a veggie or salad.